WHO should submit and for WHAT income should Sole tax return be submitted?
– individuals who have achieved in the tax year, individually or in a form of association, income/losses from Romania and/or from abroad and who owe income tax and mandatory social contributions, according to provisions of the Fiscal Code (independent activities, intellectual property rights, disposal of the use of goods, agricultural activities, forestry and fisheries, investments, and other sources).
– natural persons who do not earn income but who opt to payment the social health insurance contribution.
May 25, 2022, is the deadline for:
– 2021 income
– estimated revenue to be realized in the 2022 fiscal year
– exercising the option regarding destination of an amount representing up to 3.5% of tax due on net annual taxable income/net annual taxable gain established according to art. 123 para. (3) of the Fiscal Code for the support of non-profit entities that are established and function under the law and of religious entities, as well as for the grant of private scholarships.
The declaration shall be submitted within 30 days from the date of event occurrence/conclusion of the contract between parties, in case of taxpayers who start an activity during the fiscal year or those who earn income from the lease of goods from personal patrimony, other than rental income for which taxation is final and who did not have, until that date, the obligation to submit a sole tax return.
The declaration shall be submitted to the competent central tax authority, namely:
a) the central tax body in whose territorial area the taxpayer has its domicile according to the law, or the address where he/she lives, if it is different from his/her domicile, for individuals who have their tax domicile in Romania;
b) the central competent tax body, according to the law, for the administration of individual taxpayers without tax domicile in Romania.
The declaration may be submitted:
– in paper format, directly to the tax authority’s registration office or by post, with receipt confirming acceptance;
– by electronic means of remote transmission, in accordance with legal provisions in force:
– through the “Virtual Private Space” (SPV) service;
– on the e-guvernare.ro website, with qualified electronic signature.